In Search for a Business Development Manager Nordics
Mundipharma is company with a legacy in pain management, fast forward 50 years and we are challenging every aspect of the traditional pharmaceutical business model. With innovation and entrepreneurship guiding everything we do, our success rate proves that our approach works.
The last two years have seen a major transformation taking place in the Nordic businesses. Today Mundipharma has a strong leadership and an engaged team of talented people delivering across Functions in the Nordics. As a part of ensuring continued growth locally, our company has created an opportunity for a Business Development Manager to focus on partnering agreements such as
in- licensing, co-promotions and acquisitions of late stage assets (products) in phase III, registration status or already launched.
This is the opportunity for the right individual to join a high performing hands-on team with a strong local mandate with scope to significantly impact future success in the Nordics, contributing to a culture based on our 3As, Accountability, Agility, Ambitious.
Your role will be responsible for the full range of Business Development and Licensing activities for commercial or late stage assets in the Nordics. Working with key internal stakeholders and external partners, the scope of the role includes the full spectrum of search and evaluation through to deal completion.
You will report to the Managing Director Nordics, and work in close collaboration with the Nordic Leadership Team and Global Mundipharma BD Team.
In addition, your responsibilities include:
- To develop and maintain international active networks with relevant Business Development colleagues and existing and future external Partners, including through attendance at relevant partnering conferences.
- Analyze industry databases (including identifying new sources of information if required) and produce recommendations and reports for future product and company direction.
- Working with relevant internal teams, to take a proactive approach in seeking out opportunities that will positively influence the business, such as product development and business partnering, and to make recommendations based on these findings, including resourcing and deployment.
- Own the financial review process and asset P&Ls including building and presenting business cases to the Nordic and European Leadership Teams
- Liaise with Mundipharma International and Mundipharma Research to manage the successful conclusion of the ‘due diligence’ process, keeping all stakeholders informed.
- Support, if requested, Mundipharma International Global BD team in Business Development deals pre phase III.
- Manage the relationship with potential third party business partners, being aware of 3rd party timelines and responsive to their needs.
To be successful in the position you will have the following experience:
- A demonstrable track record of sourcing, negotiating and completing Licensing and Business Development deals internationally, ideally in the Nordic market.
- Knowledge of the Nordic healthcare market, including identifying potential and relevant business opportunities
- A network that extends to other Business Development managers and General Managers in small through to big Pharma companies
- A firm understanding of the development pathway and lifecycle of pharmaceutical products – particularly in the Nordics and Europe
- A thorough understanding of the clinical development and regulatory process for licensed medicines in the Nordics and Europe
- A working knowledge of the different types of deal possibilities in late-stage product licensing and partnering deals in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Being comfortable with the clinical and commercial needs across a variety of therapy areas and target customers within the Nordic market
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinker with a high degree of commercial acumen
If you have this experience and long to work for a pharmaceutical company who are doing more than just talking about being entrepreneurial and innovative, then please submit your application to Claire Wharton at Hays. Applications will be reviewed ongoing. For further information or to arrange a speculative discussion contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to submit application: